We make beautiful, handcrafted western boots and we think everyone should have a pair (or five)! Join us in telling our story to customers and helping them find their first (or fifth) pair of Tecovas. We are preparing to open our Showroom in Austin, Texas to a full retail schedule, and we need a passionate person to take the lead in managing the Showroom.
General responsibilities will include leading daily sales & customer conversations and managing the day-to-day Showroom operations & staffing. Specific responsibilities include:
- Live and breathe the Tecovas aesthetic as the in-person representative of our brand
- Manage daily operations of the showroom and special events, including visual merchandising, maintaining aesthetic and cleanliness, and responding proactively to unexpected circumstances
- Lead hiring and staffing for Retail Associate roles
- Manage Retail Associates (although the position will start with the Showroom Manager as the lead Retail Associate as we understand the traffic and staffing needs of the Showroom)
- Use exceptional communication and sales skills to educate customers on the Tecovas brand, fit, products, and style
- Assist with customer purchases as well as returns, exchanges, and customer service questions
- Identify and implement creative ways to optimize each customer's experience at Tecovas -- don't be afraid to go the extra mile!
- Assist and execute event-based, weekly, and monthly sales goals and initiatives
- As needed and desired, participate in broader marketing strategy and implementation, including but not limited to social media and special offline events
- Ensure all customers' desires and needs are met efficiently, politely, and effectively
This role is a full-time position and will report directly to the core leadership team. Most of the work will be done in our East Austin-based showroom, but travel to special (in-state) events will be required every now and then.
- BA/BS degree
- 1-5 years experience in retail
- 1-5 years experience managing a small-to-medium retail operation
- Experience with staffing and staff management
- Ability to operate a computer and related sales programs efficiently and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Positive, pleasant, and friendly demeanor
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Fully-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Tecovas gear and boots
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western-wear market as the first brand to make beautiful, handcrafted cowboy boots and sell them exclusively directly to customers. We are a rapidly-growing startup brand based in Austin, Texas with bootmaking operations in León, Mexico. We have an amazing cohort of customers, venture capital-backing, and a core team ready to expand and disrupt the US boot market.
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.