We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking to hire a highly motivated and detail-oriented Finance leader to help build our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function. In this role, you’ll be responsible for forecasting, budgeting, and reporting on business performance and trends, as well as supporting the development of board and investor communication materials. In addition, you’ll be responsible for leading and supporting high-impact cross-functional special projects that improve our business in the short and long term. The right candidate for this role will have the ability to think critically, a strong analytical background translating data to insights, and an operational mindset.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Create and manage dynamic and scalable financial models, developing compelling outputs that track business metrics and performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Provide integral support on key team deliverables, including annual and quarterly budgeting, annual operating and strategic planning, financial re-projections, and both internal and external business reporting
- Support development of board and investor presentations to facilitate management discussions and articulate the company’s strategic vision
- Lead identification and support for high-impact special projects across the entire organization, collaborating closely with business owners from other departments
- Provide analytical and strategic support for ad hoc analyses (focusing more on the why than the what)
- Take on a key role in the integration of new planning tools such as Netsuite PBCS (Netsuite Planning Budgeting Cloud Software)
This role will report directly to the VP of Finance and will regularly share insights and analysis with the broader leadership team.
The ideal Finance Manager is passionate about being a key finance business partner and building a world-class corporate planning foundation. Specific qualifications include:
- 3–5 years of relevant work experience (ideal candidates will have experience working in a highly analytical role at a top-tier management consulting firm or investment bank—and/or in a financial operating role within a fast-growing retail or consumer products company)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with the thorough accounting knowledge required to build comprehensive financial models
- Natural curiosity with a passion for problem-solving using data and analytics
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
- Excellent communication skills and loves to share findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative working style and excitement about working with cross-functional teams across the company
- Passion for direct-to-consumer businesses and a drive to support growth and development of customer-centric organization
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work well with the executive team
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we’ve grown from under 10 to over 40 employees since 2017) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!